Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My first post. Please send to the proper thread if I am in the wrong place.

    I'm fighting with my iPhone, trying to put a corporate Exchange account on it.

    I have been through most of the setup, and it's almost working. I have most of my messages in my Inbox now, but not all. I can see the current contents, and open those messages, but I am now unable to get new ones. When I open the Inbox, I can see that the phone is trying to update/connect. It tries for a while, and then I am told that the connection to the server has failed.

    The wireless is on - I am connected to the local WiFi, and the ATT network. I can open Safari and browse normally.
    From my desktop, I can get to this mail account using the usual OWA path.
    I have not changed any settings, including the password, since it started to appear to work.

    Am I missing something, or will it just be slow/unreliable like this all the time?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    23,594
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What Exchange version? What iPhone version? Some iPhone versions did not use secure protocol to connect that is required by Exchange. I'm pretty sure there was an iPhone update for this.

    Joe

    Joe

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry.

    Exchange 2007.

    iPhone appears to be 3.1.3 (I am a total novice with the iPhone - I'm doing this for a friend)

    Clarification - this was working normally (whatever that may be) until we had a password change last week, in AD. I have been through all that, and got the phone (mostly) working again, to the point where messages started to come in. But they seem to have stopped, or just slowed greatly.

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Update (it's getting worse)

    Now, as soon as I open the Inbox on the phone, I get an immediate "Cannot get mail - The connection to the server failed." error, and the entire contents of the inbox are gone. (Checking the Inbox via my desktop, everything is still there.)

  5. #5
    Super Moderator jscher2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    23,112
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts
    I don't have an iPhone, and I don't read Apple's support board on iPhone access to Exchange. I do have one general comment: on some phones, it helps to delete a problem account and then re-create it as a way to clear "stuck" settings.

  6. #6
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, jscher2000

    I have done the delete/ re-add thing several times, to no obvious effect.

    I also looked around on Apple's site, and couldn't find anything. But I can look over there again.

    Thanks again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •