5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

A friend of mine has a font on her computer called Commercial. It came with her computer, which has Windows XP and Office 2003. My computer has Windows Vista and Office 2003, but it did not come with Commercial font. Why is that? Is it because I have Windows Vista and she has Windows XP?

Is Commercial font sitting latently somewhere on my computer and does it need to be activated or do I actually need to download it? If I need to download it, is there a site where I can get it for free or do I have to pay the $26 by downloading it at http://www.linotype.com/248147/comme...e-family.html?

Regards,

JMT

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A font is like a software: you should always get it from an official vendor and pay the indicated price. In your case, I doubt you will find a genuine, free version of this font on the Internet. Also, I have WIndows XP and Office 2003 and I don't have this font, so your friend may have acquired it with the purchase of a separate software.
    This eco-post is made of recycled electrons

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If I buy this font, will it work in all of my programs, including Photoshop, or only MS Office? Also, will it mess up my system?

On another note, I will be needing this font for use in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and some other programs. Should I download the Windows true type font, Windnows postscript font, or Mac Postscript font?

Regards,

JMT