2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I am looking for feed back from any one who has read "Microsoft Office XP Developer's Guide". Would like to find out if it would help one understand how to write wizards? What kind of tricks and tips would one find in its pages? Any feed back would be much appreciated. Both good and bad welcomed here.
    Sarge

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't own it, and have not read it, but in looking at the Table of Contents, it does include information on building both Add-Ins and Wizards. Neither subject is trivial, and very few people actually successfully tackle it. My former partner was one of them who did so, and he now works for Microsoft. The book isn't very expensive, and it does appear to have a good deal of useful content.

Another person who has done so is Helen Feddema, and in addition to what she has on her website, there is a 10 page or so section on Creating a Simple Wizard on page 870 of her book "Microsoft Access Version 2002 Inside Out." Note that the 2007 version of the same book (different authors) doesn't even mention wizards, and only touches briefly on add-ins. For that reason, I would caution you about expending lots of effort in developing a wizard based on 2002, as there is no guarantee that it will work in 2007 or 2010. We learned that the hard way with 2007.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,
    Once again thanks. I have both of Ms Feddema books and her code, but still am a little kornfused. Found out that asking questions and reading a lot. Some times dawn breaks over marble head! I even have played with some of Ms Feddema's code, but still have questions that I am not sure how to ask. I seem to be one who has to open the hood and crawl inside, and close the hood behind me. I know I should learn to swim first, but this old dog just leaps in over it head.
    Talking about over one's head. How much of the white stuff ( snow is a four letter word, so I can not use it) do you still have. Except for the white mountains, we just have liquid rain. I may still get the ark built in time.
    Sarge

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I gather you guys have been getting hammered with rain. It's been a relatively mild winter for us - I think the most (white stuff) we've had since November was about 8 inches. On the other hand on Halloween, we had 42 inches. But it was gone in a matter of days. When you are at 8200 feet (~2500 meters) above sea-level, the sun is pretty intense, and the snow actually transpires rather than melting. You do get some interesting views when the sun reflects off the stuff. The record here was six feet, but that was before we moved here, happily. That took about 10 days to go away, and it was 7 years ago tomorrow.
    Wendell