New Lounger
    Thanks
    My rig, consisting of a Asrock M3A785GXH/128 motherboard with onboard Radeon HD 4200 video, has problems coming out of standby. With a little troubleshooting, turning off stuff, etc., I've narrowed it down to the video taking up to 5 minutes to initialize after the computer tries to start. I have installed several drivers including the latest ATI drivers and that doesn't fix it. I'm pretty sure it's a windows issue because my Ubuntu install works perfectly.

Anyone else having a similar issue and/or found a fix? Searching other forums I've found some info, most pertaining to other versions of windows, but nothing that works for me so far.

Thanks
    Hi Kenneth and welcome to the Lounge!

I'm betting you have a 64 bit version of Windows 7 because the 64 bit editions are more prone to that behavior than the 32 bit editions. I have the same issue with a Toshiba laptop running Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have a machine with 32 bit Win7 and it works perfectly in standby (sleep mode).

I have not yet been able to remedy the issue. However, I did try hibernate and it works flawlessly on my Toshiba. It is not a perfect solution as it takes longer to come out of hibernation than does standby, but I have found it to be somewhat better than shutting down and having to do a cold boot. It certainly beats having a laptop run for hours during the day just idling.

I believe this issue will ultimately be put to rest by the first service pack if not before.

HTH
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply HTH.

I'm actually running a 32 bit version of Windows 7 Professional. I haven't tried hibernation yet, so I'll do that. I do hope they get it fixed though I do like the sleep mode.

Ken