3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, all.

I want to run something by the folks here that I heard in an email from another organization. Regarding missing doc variables in Word 2007, they said to make sure you don't have the Security Update KB969604 (which I knew about.) But they also claim that Office 2007 SP2 includes that patch. I was not aware of that. In fact, I thought I read somewhere that it specifically addressed that problem.

Can anyone here speak to this issue? Was there anything that needed to be done other than to remove KB969604?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Thanks
    This article suggests that hotifx KB970942 resolves the issue.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesaka View Post
    I want to run something by the folks here that I heard in an email from another organization. Regarding missing doc variables in Word 2007, they said to make sure you don't have the Security Update KB969604 (which I knew about.) But they also claim that Office 2007 SP2 includes that patch. I was not aware of that. In fact, I thought I read somewhere that it specifically addressed that problem.

Can anyone here speak to this issue? Was there anything that needed to be done other than to remove KB969604?
    MS09-027: Description of the security update for Word 2007: June 9, 2009 (AKA, KB969604) is included in Office 2007 SP2. There is this hotfix, Description of the Word 2007 hotfix package (Word.msp, Wordconv.msp): June 30, 2009, which fixes that problem. You can read this long thread for the details - [SOLVED]: Potential MAJOR bug in KB969604? - The Code Cage Forums.

Joe
    Joe