New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, my name is Casey, and in the office where I work, my boss has been on an upgrade frenzy. He asked me to upgrade his Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007, and so I did. His computer, though, cannot 'handle' it, so I'm wanting to downgrade back to Windows 2003 without losing his emails, contacts, and settings in Outlook. Do I just uninstall Office 2007 from the Add or Remove Programs menu in Control Panel? If I need to backup his Outlook files, is there any suggestions you can give me on doing so? Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Collins View Post
    I'm wanting to downgrade back to Windows 2003 without losing his emails, contacts, and settings in Outlook. Do I just uninstall Office 2007 from the Add or Remove Programs menu in Control Panel? If I need to backup his Outlook files, is there any suggestions you can give me on doing so?
    There's a reasonably good chance that the standard uninstaller will leave the data and settings files intact. However, just in case, I would grab a backup of the user's entire profile, including the Application Data and Local Settings folders.

If you find that Office 2003 doesn't run smoothly after the uninstall/reinstall, you might have to do a more thorough cleaning. These articles might help: