3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Work Group Template Tabs (Word 2000)

I am having trouble getting my Work Group Sub-folder to show up as a Tab in the New Dialog Box. I have set the File Locations. I have stored templates in both Work Group folders: F:/Company/Work Group Templates/JIA. When I open File>New the template located in my JIA folder shows up under the General Tab. The JIA Tab that should be there is not! And the templates stored in the Work Group Folder don't show up at all. What am I missing?
    Thanks for any help in advance!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Work Group Template Tabs (Word 2000)

How many tabs? Max is 13 or 15 tabs. I'm sorry, I forget which it is.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

It sounds like you've set the workgroups folder to be the JIA one. If you set the workgroups folder to be (in your example) f:companywork group templates, the JIA folder (and any other subfolders of 'work group templates') should show up as tabs.

HTH
    Beryl M

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, BerylM. Thanks for the reply. The path for the Work Group Templates is just as I stated: F:CompanyWork Group TemplatesJIA. JIA is the only Sub-folder I've created at this time. Any templates that I've put in the Group Templates folder should show up under the General Tab in the New Dialog Box, right? And any templates that I've put in the JIA folder should show up under a New Tab (called JIA), right? Well, that is not what has happened! The template in my JIA folder shows up under the General Tab. And the other templates (stored in my Work Group Templates folder) don't show up at all. Am I making myself clear? I don't have any problem at all creating Tabs for my user profile (C drive) but something is not right when I try and setup for our network.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I think we're getting our lines crossed here. You should NOT have the JIA folder in the workgroup templates path, this should finish at 'work group templates', without the JIA.

Then, the templates in 'work group templates' will be under General and any subfolders will have their own tabs.
    Beryl M

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi PamC

Not exactly: Everything in the location you stored as UTP (user template path) and WTP (workgroup template path) will be placed under the general tab. Only if you create a subdirectory in one of those locations and place your template in this subdirectory, it will be displayed as separate tab. E.g: Your UTP or WTP is c:template1234 and you create a subdirectory xyz , then it will be displayed as tab xyz; but if you store c:template123xyz in either your UTP or WTP then it will be displayed in the general tab.

HTH
    hedgehog

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Beryl, how simple! Thank you! I get it. It works!

Thanks

Hi Pam,

You need for your Workgroup templates folder setting to be:
    F:CompanyWork Group Templates

Then the JIA will show up as a tab under File => New, assuming that you have at least one template in JIA. For more information on templates folder structure, see <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm> Template Basics</A>.

Hope this helps,
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help guys! I have had my workgroup templates folder & subfolders up and running now for a week of so with great success! Already my co-workers are seeing the advantage of having true templates to work with. I'm sure I'll be calling on you again as I get more involved in simplifying workflows for my co-workers. Thanks!