New Lounger
    Thanks
    Converting from a desktop with cable to a new laptop (wireless) since moving to small apt. from a house and no desk space. Cable internet available. Should I invest in a router just for the laptop (so I can move it around in apt)? Is all I ahve to dois connect cable modem to router? Is there a best router for small space use?
    I know I could always hope to piggyback on someone else's unsecured connection, but that's risky.

Thanks
    I use my wireless Verizon usb on the laptop. It's nowhere near as fast as cable/DSL but it's effective internet access.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Any recent wireless router willl be fine. Just make sure you use WPA2 and a good 63 bit key.

cheers, Paul