New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi People,

I have just looked at the latest "Windows Secrets" discussion on Internet Security programmes. I have tried a few, but have been plagued with false virus finds. That goes with the suites. However suites like NIS 2010 automatically delete suspect files. This has resulted in apps failing to run. There is no prompt to delete or not. I contacted the online help and after a torturous 60 mins was told that there was no way to prompt before removal. Yes I can reinstate the file, but NIS put up a few hurdles.

I have finally moved to Microsoft Security Essential, and it does prompt before removal.

Any advice on security suites that prompt before removal?

Regards
    Doug Price

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi :

Since you are rightly concerned about "False Virus finds", then you
    should be looking for a product with excellent Support Forums, like
    Avast, and NOT the poor, in my opinion, MSE Support Forums .
    The only Suite-oriented product I can think of at the moment that
    has excellent Support Forums is Kaspersky .
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Robin,
    I am not really worried about false virus finds, rather that we are not presented with Remove, Ignore, or Default option

I did experiment with Kaspersky, but it slowed my system more than I was happy with. And I would like reviews (particularly Windows Secrets) to cover this issue. Support forums are not the issue for me. I simply want the Remove, Ignore, or Default option. MSE does this. So I am still interested in which packages allow this. Kaspersky?

Regards
    Doug

Thanks
    For future reference: for filetypes that you know are gonna be problematic, many AV software give you the oportunity to
    add files as "exclusions" from the scan. Check your AV for these sometimes overlooked options.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Clint,

Yes I do use the exclusion rules, but NIS 2010 falsely found about 8 files that were infected. These were all .exe and .dll files from trusted (legal) sources. I put all these files through different on line scans and the files were clean.

All I want is what AV software offers, Remove, Ignore. Default.

Thanks for the feedback

Regards
    Doug
    Australia.

Thanks
    Then MSE will do the job nicely without bogging the system down.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.