New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I'm a totally blind computer user, who trains other blind individuals to use the computer effectively.
    One of my clients is frustrated with the ribbon, and frankly, i get irritated with it from time to time myself, . anyhow, is their a wayto turn off the ribbon in MSWord? or are we stuck with it.
    thanks.
    shane

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Using CTRL+F1 will minimize the Ribbon. Clicking the down arrow next to the Quick Access Toolbar and Selecting "Minimize the Ribbon" does that same thing.

I'm afraid that is all you can do with Office 2007 with out some programming effort.

Joe

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Davidson View Post
    I'm a totally blind computer user, who trains other blind individuals to use the computer effectively.
    One of my clients is frustrated with the ribbon, and frankly, i get irritated with it from time to time myself, .
    I'm curious how the change from the old menu and toolbar interface to the ribbon interface made things worse for blind users. Is it harder to access certain features of Word?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    I'm curious how the change from the old menu and toolbar interface to the ribbon interface made things worse for blind users. Is it harder to access certain features of Word?
    Control of toolbars seems to be severely restricted because of the Ribbon, and I'm not aware that we can now change the 'Alt+' keys that Redmond has decided we should use.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe this could be of help to some of the people in this thread. As the name implies, these workbooks list the locations of office 2003 commands in office 2007.

Office 2003 > 2007 Ribbon Mapping Worksheets,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...00&ofcresset=1