New Lounger
    Thanks
    trying to install a software for music of the MAGIX softwarehouse ,the installation stops after a while and a windows appears saying: impossible opening the file C:\windows\temp\mgxoservices\index_0410.htm.
    The software house service gave me the following instruction:disable UAC(user account control), remove antivirus,go to msconfig and disable all the system setup in the start menu,restart the PC and install the program.
    Result: same as before
    some tricks will be very very welcome
    francesco

New Lounger
    Thanks
    temp folder is normally where your installation files goes into while they install the program, i am not sure why it would be 'inaccessible', sry. I'll wish you luck in finding the solution

and i will be happy to know the solution to these problems too, because i might encounter one of these.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco Valenti View Post
    trying to install a software for music of the MAGIX softwarehouse ,the installation stops after a while and a windows appears saying: impossible opening the file C:\windows\temp\mgxoservices\index_0410.htm.
    The software house service gave me the following instruction:disable UAC(user account control), remove antivirus,go to msconfig and disable all the system setup in the start menu,restart the PC and install the program.
    Result: same as before
    some tricks will be very very welcome
    francesco
    Have you tried running the installer program as administrator? Right click the .exe and select "run as administrator".

Try taking ownership of the C:\Windows\temp folder. See Windows 7 Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder for instructions.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    FINALLY SOLVED !!!!!!!
    After to have tryed all the received tricks from all round the word, to have taken full control of the machine as full ADMINISTRATOR and had the permission to freely move in all the files of the disc ( without any positive result), i finally decided to install XP mode as virtual machine, afterwards the installation of the software was a pleasure : fast and effective.
    The installation of the virtual machine is a bit difficult and require a lot of attention and precision and i'm not sure if istalling XP with a dual boot i should have obtained the same result . Somebody could give and answer because the dual boot is really quite simple .
    Anyway the installation of the XP mode should be the right way for overcoming these type of difficulties.
    Finally let me say that if we have to install an old OS for using programs dvelopped for the 7 OS, Microsoft should work heavily for avoiding to loose more and more reputation. It would be better having less heavy and complicated OS but working without any complication!
    best regards to all
    francesco valenti