Thread: Win 7 Upgrade

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When Win 7 was released I purchased the Win 7 Home Premium Family Pack which allows three systems to be upgraded under a single license. I have used two of those upgrades. I am considering purchasing a Netbook. There are some around that still have XP on them but the more recent releases (with faster CPU and larger drive) are usually pre-loaded with Win 7 Starter.

Can I upgrade a Win 7 Starter to a Win 7 Home Premium under the license available with the Family Pack that I already have?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet Copeland View Post
    Can I upgrade a Win 7 Starter to a Win 7 Home Premium under the license available with the Family Pack that I already have?
    Yes. Prerequisites for Win 7 Upgrade versions are XP, Vista or Win 7.
    edit
    If you have any trouble with upgrade qualification which can happen if you wipe the disk or have a new disk then have a read of Paul Thurrott's tips on how to fix this up. It's probably a good read anyhow. It may make the whole Win7 upgrade process much easier.
    Bob
    Win 8.1 Pro - IE11, Office Pro 2013, Acronis TIH 2014
    Win 10 Pro preview 10162

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denton View Post
    Yes. Prerequisites for Win 7 Upgrade versions are XP, Vista or Win 7.
    edit
    If you have any trouble with upgrade qualification which can happen if you wipe the disk or have a new disk then have a read of Paul Thurrott's tips on how to fix this up. It's probably a good read anyhow. It may make the whole Win7 upgrade process much easier.
    Thanks.
    Very interesting article which I will keep handy.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet Copeland View Post
    Just be sure the hardware will support the additional requirements of Win7 Home Premium. See Windows 7 Editions Features Comparison My Digital Life for more information.

Joe
    Joe