4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a database that I used for an event (VBS Vacation Bible School) last year. I have a different event, (Easter Egg Hunt) with a seperate database this year. I use the same database each year for each event, so I just make all of the attendees inactive, then when they sign up, I change them to Active. Anyone that is new, I create a new record for them.

One of the things that I did last year was to pull up a form and just mark the kids that were attending as Active. I tried to do the same thing by copying over the query and form from VBS to Easter. I had to change the table names but for some reason, the new database won't allow me to update the Active field in the query. It just beeps and doesn't give me any kind of message. I have compared everything that I can think, the fields in the tables are the same, although the names of the tables are different. Here is the SQL from each DB. If anyone has a clue for me I would appreciate it. Thx.

Easter – (the one that doesn’t work)
    qryUpdateChild2Active

SELECT tblChildInfo.[Child's Name], tblFamilyInfo.[Last name], tblChildInfo.Active
    FROM tblFamilyInfo INNER JOIN tblChildInfo ON tblFamilyInfo.[Family #] = tblChildInfo.[Family #]
    ORDER BY tblFamilyInfo.[Last name], tblChildInfo.[Child's Name];

VBS – (the one that does work)
    qryUpdateChild2Active
    SELECT [Child Name].[Child's Name], [Parent Info].[Last name], [Child Name].Active
    FROM [Parent Info] INNER JOIN [Child Name] ON [Parent Info].[Family #] = [Child Name].[Family #]
    ORDER BY [Parent Info].[Last name], [Child Name].[Child's Name];

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donebb View Post
    SELECT tblChildInfo.[Child's Name], tblFamilyInfo.[Last name], tblChildInfo.Active
    FROM tblFamilyInfo INNER JOIN tblChildInfo ON tblFamilyInfo.[Family #] = tblChildInfo.[Family #]
    ORDER BY tblFamilyInfo.[Last name], tblChildInfo.[Child's Name];
    The query joins tables tblFamilyInfo and tblChildInfo on the field [Family #].
    Is [Family #] the primary key for tblFamily?

If not the query will not be updateable.
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    John,

That is exactly what the problem was. Thank you so much. I would have fumbled around for days and never figured that one out.