Lounger
    Thanks
    I find that if I set a folder in Windows Explorer to show details, ALL folders end up showing details. If I ask for large icons in a folder, ALL folders end up showing large icons. In earlier versions of Windows, I could set each folder differently. Having EVERY folder match my setting in one given folder is infuriating. Do any of you know how to allow each folder to have its own viewing characteristics?

Llyn

Thanks
    Are you setting the folder through libraries or the folder itself? This forum discusses some possible changes you may try. It appears that if you choose reset folders in the folder options/views you can then choose folder views for all options within a folder type. I hope I'm explaining this properly.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for referring me to the other forum, Ted. This seems to be a case where a product "improvement" simply isn't (at least for my tastes). At least, I know now that I can get to the Documents folder through Favorites rather than through Libraries.

Llyn

Thanks
    Glad it helped. As with many updates/upgrades, differences sometimes take some getting used to. I know it took me a while to get used to the new task bar, but now I like it much better. I have to use XP at work and I have to say I am beginning to like the Win 7 interface better. I also like the stability and security better. I hope you do get used to the new order of things because I think you will truly come to love this "finally" good OS from MS.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    All told, I really like Windows 7 and would never go back to XP. It was this one foible that had me confused and irritated.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've fought with this little 'improvement' myself. I've heard a rumor that this might be fixed in SP1. I hope so.

In the meantime I've found this program to be of help.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/customiza...ions-size.html