New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to set up some audiences in MOSS 2007 to target content. When I try to add a particular security group to the audience it says not found. If I browse for it the window will show all the other groups (including distribution groups, which I thought weren't supposed to be shown) except the set of groups I am looking for. They are in the same OU as other groups that can be found though.
    The odd thing is that I can browse for and add these groups to a Sharepoint group with no problems, so it appears that the SSP is the part that is having the problem Anyone come across this before?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    See Some members of a SharePoint group target audience cannot access a Web Part in SharePoint Server 2007. What MOSS service pack is installed?

In this thread, MOSS 2007 creating audiences security groups in SharePoint, a poster talks about resynching with AD.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    10K posts? Busy boy!! It is SP1 at the moment but I will look at the hotfix or SP2 this weekend. If that doesn't work then I will delete and recreate the connection. Thanks for the links and I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarks View Post
    10K posts? Busy boy!!
    Joe had a 9 year head start on you, but you can get there some day if you stick around.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Might well do, this seems to be the most helpful and friendliest forum I have come across. hopefully I can give some back as well..

I applied SP2 over the weekend and it caused a couple of problems with the search service. I re-entered the search credentials and rebooted and now I can search all groups with no problems.

Looks like this one is solved so thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe