3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use FF for a long time now, even with 3.6 I had no problems until some time ago: In a number of cases, for some reason, my inputs (topic, replies) such as login to this board, or my internet banking username and passwords are not accepted anymore even though they are correct.

I have no such problems with IE 8, which I use now (hopefully temporarily). I have uninstalled FF (not the personal settings) and reinstalled it, cleaned the cache, cookies, etc a number of times.

What could be wrong?
    Regards,
    Teunis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teunis View Post
    In a number of cases, for some reason, my inputs (topic, replies) such as login to this board, or my internet banking username and passwords are not accepted anymore even though they are correct.
    You may have disabled cookies. Usually when you log in, your browser is sent a cookie. The next time you load a page, if you don't send back the cookie showing that you've logged in, then you will be redirected to the login page, or you will be told you don't have permission to do something. Does that match what you're seeing? If so, to authorize saving cookies for a particular site, right-click the page, choose View Page Info, then click Permissions, and Allow under Cookies.

[attachment=88354:Fx3_5-Permissions.png]

Any luck?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jefferson,

All my permissions are swithched on. I deleted the file places.sqlite which forces a rebuild of favicons in the Bookmarks Toolbar, which helped a little in that I now can login in my internet banking account or send this reply after only 2 tries instead of 4 or more.

Still don't know what the real solution is. Maybe a full reinstall including profile? How to do it? (I have a Mozbackup of my profile that copiuld be used to reinstall bookmarks and addons).

Regards, Teunis

Before sending this reply I did a Ctrl+C so if it is not accepted right away I can easily retry. (I had to use it)

Thanks
    To diagnose profile problems, you can try Firefox's safe mode, or creating a blank new profile in Firefox.

SuMo: Safe Mode (be careful not to "reset" anything permanently), Managing profiles

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jefferson.

I tried safemode a couple of times: made no difference. So I'll try again with a complete uninstall incl profile/ The reinstall and a new profile from scratch as described in the links you send me.

Regards, Teunis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teunis View Post
    So I'll try again with a complete uninstall incl profile/ The reinstall and a new profile from scratch as described in the links you send me.
    Here's another link, if needed: kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox#Clean_reinstall

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks,

but my problems have disappeared miraculously with version 3.6.2, just before I was going to give the other measures a try.

Regards, Teunis