New Lounger
    Thanks
    Recently there has been a change on my Windows 7 machine (which I don't use regularly.) I go to it and find it at the logon screen. I enter my password and the desktop is displayed. If left unattended, it runs for a while with the screen saver. But when I come back to it later, it is again at the password prompt. I have not made any setup changes to have caused this behavior. We go through this scenario again and again, and it never stays logged in. Any ideas?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Right click on the Dekstop and select Personalize | Screen Saver. Uncheck "On resume, show Logon screen".

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Joe. I thought "aha!!" when I read your reply. But when I went there, it is already unchecked.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Then try checking the box, re-boot, uncheck the box, & reboot again. See what happens.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Another possibility is the computer is in a relatively short sleep delay and Win7 requires a password on wakeup by default. To check that go into Power Options and the Require a password on wakeup section.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, we haven't found the right solution yet. I did Joe's suggestions for checking and then unchecking (with reboots) but that didn't change the behavior. Now I have check the Power Options and I already had the "require password" unchecked.