New Lounger
    Thanks
    I used to enjoy to ability to zoom in or out from the keyboard. Lately, the shortcuts (Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-) do not work unless I first use the mouse to go to View > Zoom > Zoom In. After doing that at least once, then the keyboard shortcuts work again. I am using Firefox 3.6. Does anyone know how to reactivate the shortcuts?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bourne View Post
    I used to enjoy to ability to zoom in or out from the keyboard. Lately, the shortcuts (Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-) do not work unless I first use the mouse to go to View > Zoom > Zoom In. After doing that at least once, then the keyboard shortcuts work again. I am using Firefox 3.6. Does anyone know how to reactivate the shortcuts?
    I just tried this and mine zooms properly. I also have FF 3.6. My wife has same configuration and hers works as well. This worked for both IE 8 and FF 3.6 for both PCs so I have to assume it's a process of the PC (keyboard hardware or software) and not the browser. I wonder if your keyboard s/w needs refreshing. I would go to the keyboard manufacturers site and check for updates. This could also be a harware (keyboard) failure. How old is the keyboard? Desktop or Laptop? Ours are both newer laptops. If a desktop, and a s/w update or reload does not work then a new keyboard may be in order.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Lately, the shortcuts (Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-) do not work unless I first use the mouse to go to View > Zoom > Zoom In. After doing that at least once, then the keyboard shortcuts work again.
    I wonder whether an add-on is intercepting the key combination? To diagnose add-on issues, you can try Firefox's safe mode, or creating a blank new profile in Firefox.

See SuMo: Safe Mode (be careful not to "reset" anything permanently), Managing profiles

Any luck?

Thanks
    Craig, Just for the heck of it try opening IE and use the key combo to zoom. If it works in IE and not Firefox then perhaps Jeff is right and an add on is the culprit. If however it is not working in either then I would still look at the keyboard or s/w
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy