New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Win 7, but this also happened in XP Pro. I often copy and paste items from the web or from Help pages into Word 2003 without issue. I know about Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V, but sometimes even that doesn't work and I don't know why not. I don't necessarily want to print the entire page, which is sometimes the only option; when I do, the font is often too small for me to read.
    Does anyone have any workarounds or other suggestions?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The problem might lie with the source material being of a type that doesn't permit copying - such as certain Flash content, text on a webpage that's really a picture, or a PDF or Word document that's protected against copying.

In the situations where copy/paste isn't working, are you able to select individual pieces of text? (in the above scenarios, you wouldn't be able to)

Gary

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTINAZ View Post
    I often copy and paste items from the web or from Help pages into Word 2003 without issue. I know about Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V, but sometimes even that doesn't work and I don't know why not.
    From the Word side, try using Edit>Paste Special>Unformatted text (assuming it is text) to work around any formatting issues.

I'm not sure whether it will help, but you often can open a web page directly in Word. Copy the URL from the web browser, then paste it into the file name space in the File>Open dialog. (If the site requires a login or saved cookie, you might not get the desired page.) You then can rework the formatting in Word.

(The problem of printing from a web browser is a longstanding one with no single good solution. Some day someone will figure it out.)