krbpack

Function question (Excel '97)

I have a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my hours worked on different projects. The first sheet is a summary page where I want to keep a running total of hours worked per project. The following sheets (one per work week) lists the project name, the hours worked each day, and the total works worked per project per week.

The summary sheet lists all the project names and the column next to it shows the total number of hours worked. I would like to have the summary page work automatically so that it checks each sheet (Week 1 through 52) to see if the project number appears, and if so, add the number of works worked that week to the total hours worked on the summary page. This way I also know how many total hours I have worked on all my projects.

I have not figured out how to do this and I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Function question (Excel '97)

Are the detailed sheets by project or by week? If by project, and the layout is the same, you could try this simple approach:

Make sure the total hours worked in the detail sheets is in the same cell location.
    Name each sheet by it's project.
    On the summary sheet make sure there is a column which uses the exact sheet name for the corresponding project.
    Use =indirect(<cell containing project sheetname>&"!<address of total cell>")

See attached. Simple & easy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS