3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After deleting an administrator user from User Accounts/Control Panel, the back ground of upper part of Internet Explorer turned into black. How do I turn it back?

Windows XP SP3 Build 2600
    Internet Explorer 8.06001.18702

[attachment=88368:Snap97.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    This post shows one possible solution. And here is another possible solution.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    This post shows one possible solution. And here is another possible solution.
    Hi Ted,

Thanks for the reply. Before reading your reply, I used Ghost 14.0 to roll back the system. If I dare to delete the user account again and bump into the same problem, I will definitely to try these two methods.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem occurred for me when I updated to IE8. After many conversations with the Microsoft IE8 support people, no solution was reached. In fact, they had never encountered the problem before. Interesting, since others are experiencing it. The work around I discovered was to right click the desktop, click Properties, Display Properties. Choose any other theme, Apply, then choose the previous theme or any other theme and Apply again. Now the browser will appear correctly. It's a pain to have to do that every time, but it worked for me.

I have recently discovered that if I go into Display Properties and change the Theme to Windows XP and the Windows and Buttons in Appearance to Windows XP, the problem doesn't occur at all.

Hope this helps others.