New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't get printer,fax,scanner to work properly. 2 different Lexmarks, X6170 & 5650 series. Downloaded Vista Drivers from Lexmark. Both printers print one job then lock up. Print job stuck in que. Says Deleting but never does. On X6170 powering it off and back on clears print que. But not on the 5650. Also some Scan issues when trying to scan multiple pages from auto dcument feeder and save as one file.??
    Are there any All in Ones out there that work well with Windows 7?
    Thanks for any input,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Burman View Post
    I can't get printer,fax,scanner to work properly. 2 different Lexmarks, X6170 & 5650 series. Downloaded Vista Drivers from Lexmark. Both printers print one job then lock up. Print job stuck in que. Says Deleting but never does. On X6170 powering it off and back on clears print que. But not on the 5650. Also some Scan issues when trying to scan multiple pages from auto dcument feeder and save as one file.??
    Are there any All in Ones out there that work well with Windows 7?
    Thanks for any input,

Brian

Did you install the vista drivers in compatibility mode? vista drivers should work. To do that, right click the installer>properties>compatibility mode>check vista.

Good Luck

Ken J
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Thanks
    Vista drivers don't always work in Windows 7, especially printers and scanners. Check the manufacture'rs
    site for Windows 7 driver support.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I have a wireless Pixma 620 printer from Canon. This printer is an All In One that works very well with my wired desktop and wireless laptops through my linksys wireless router. I can be seated in my living room with my laptop and print to it in the study through my wireless router. I have Win 7 32 Bit HP on the desktop, Win 7 64 Bit HP on one laptop and Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit on the other laptop. All work well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I bought a $99 Brother MFC-495CW and it does all of print,fax, scan and copy both locally and over my wireless net. I don't think Win 7 is at fault. With Win 7 drivers from the manufacturer, I would expect all functions to work. With anything less, you might lose some functionality but the major functions will probably work with genetic drivers. Both the discrete printer and Scanner that the Brother replaced had dated from back in '98 and they had both lost some functionality due to the genetic drivers I had to use in both Vista and Win 7.

Solid devices otherwise and, if I had not been faced with yet another $84 for a set of ink cartridges, I might have kept them.