Lounger
    Thanks
    Can anyone tell me if outlook works in windows 7 64 bit. I installed my old office XP Proffesional, but Outlook won't work.
    Thanks John.

Thanks
    According to this page it should work but there may be a compatibility issue. There is another link shown to possible solution to this problem.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    works fine for me (Win 7 / 64)
    Jeff

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    It (Outlook 2007, that is) works fine for me too, but don't forget that Office (and Outlook) 2007 is a 32-bit application, so it's hard to imagine there being any difficulty. On the other hand, you are running Office XP, and that was pretty rare to start with and may not have had enough service packs and the like to be as highly refined as the more popular versions. (Yes, I had it too and I can't remember a thing about it, and I sure don't intend to re-install it.) Windows (and Outlook) 2010 will be available in 64-bit versions as well as 32-bit, so that is where things might become really interesting.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook 2003 works fine on my win 7 64bit
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Everyone, the question was does Office XP (2002) work with Win 7 64 Bit. Unfortunately, for most people, unless you qualify for university pricing, upgrading from one version of Office to another can be rather expensive. In this case, there may be compatibility issues with this older version of Office which may be fixed by the solutions I found. You also may want to investigate a newer version of Open Office.com I personally have not used these apps (I do qualify for the University pricing), but they have received good reviews as Office replacements. I believe you can open existing Office files in Open Office:

The suite works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office. The Suite is available in 27 languages, with more being constantly added by the community. OpenOffice work is a breeze with the latest Streamline Technology. (This is directly from the Open Office site.)

Most 32 Bit apps do work fine in a 64 Bit environment since Win 7 is designed to utilize both 32 Bit and 64 Bit apps. In windows explorer you will see 2 folders, Program Files and Program Files (x86). The first contains the 64 Bit apps, the second contains the 32 Bit apps. You will also find 64 Bit registry entries in a section called WOW.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Given your interest in the competition, I added a post called The Competition to the General Productivity forum yesterday.

WordPerfect X5 suite is now available, and with Office XP (or even Works) you are eligible for the upgrade price. Visit Corel to look it over or download a trial.