New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having an issue when trying to boot Windows XP after removing a dual-boot with Windows 7 RC and XP. I reformatted the 7 partition and then tried to use this to fix the dual-boot screen. That did nothing and it still brought up the screen asking me to choose between the two. Now when I pick XP off the dual-boot screen, it brings up anther one asking me to choose between Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Professional. There is no difference between the two and they both lead me to the XP operating system. I used this to remove the screen asking me to choose between 7 and XP. But I'm still left with the two XP choices. Is there anyway to remove this?

Thanks
    Hi Jayson,

Take a look at EasyBCD to see if that will help you. You have to have .Net Framework installed for it to work on XP according to this Neosmart forum thread . There is also a link in this thread for the new EasyBCD Version 2.

Hope this helps.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    EasyBCD is the easy, no fuss program to use before removing a OS newer than XP (remove the boot entry and write the MBR to restore XP only). If EasyBCD no longer works, you should still be able to go to System Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery, and edit (remove the extra entry) the startup options in Notepad.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I ended up using this to manually edit the boot.ini file. EasyBCD didn't work to remove the two options for XP, but it did detect that what I had used to remove the 7 RC and XP boot screen did it in a round about way and it removed it properly this time. Thanks for the help.