Thanks
    I have a nice Windows XP/Pro machine configured to meet my needs (quad core processor, 4GB RAM, to video adapters driving three LCD displays). It is supported by a Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK Uninterrupted Power Supply rated at 1500VA. The UPS is now monitored by the Belkin Bulldog Plus monitor software on the XP machine.

My problem is that the monitor software was never released for Windows 7, and that appears to be my only roadblock to upgrading from XP/Pro to Win7/Pro.

Belkin's response: "We regret to inform you that due to recent events Belkin has consolidated its operations and has decided to exit from the UPS business. The drivers for the Win 7 operating system is not available and also unfortunately there will be no drivers updated for Win 7 operating system."

Since Windows 7 has an XP mode (which is supported by my Q6600 processor), can I run the Bulldog monitoring software under it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Morgan View Post
    I have a nice Windows XP/Pro machine configured to meet my needs (quad core processor, 4GB RAM, to video adapters driving three LCD displays). It is supported by a Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK Uninterrupted Power Supply rated at 1500VA. The UPS is now monitored by the Belkin Bulldog Plus monitor software on the XP machine.

My problem is that the monitor software was never released for Windows 7, and that appears to be my only roadblock to upgrading from XP/Pro to Win7/Pro.

Belkin's response: "We regret to inform you that due to recent events Belkin has consolidated its operations and has decided to exit from the UPS business. The drivers for the Win 7 operating system is not available and also unfortunately there will be no drivers updated for Win 7 operating system."

Since Windows 7 has an XP mode (which is supported by my Q6600 processor), can I run the Bulldog monitoring software under it?
    Hi Bob and welcome

I suspect it will run in XP mode. I wondered if they have vista drivers, as these can be used in win 7 by installing in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>check vista

Good Luck

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure it would run in XP Mode; it sounds like its not hardware dependent right? It just monitors hardware with software?

My question in return would be, what action is to be taken if/when there is a trigger event? If its just monitoring conditions, no problem but if it is supposed to trigger a orderly shutdown in the event of power loss, its going to shut down XP Mode but its not going to pass the shutdown sequence along to Windows 7.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron Tarbox View Post
    ... what action is to be taken if/when there is a trigger event? If its just monitoring conditions, no problem but if it is supposed to trigger a orderly shutdown in the event of power loss, its going to shut down XP Mode but its not going to pass the shutdown sequence along to Windows 7.
    Good point, Byron. Getting the software to run is one thing, but getting it to do what I want is yet another. In this case, I want it to wait a fixed length of time (like 5 minutes) and then issue the command to hybernate. Elsewhere on my Win/XP machine I have a dedicated icon with this command line:

%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

While that means something in XP, I'm not sure it will mean anything in WIndows 7. So, I'll give that a try in my Win/7-powered Netbook and see if it hibernates, starts smoking, or whatever ...

bob
    <><