New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Dell Studio 540 64bit which I am upgrading from Vista to Win 7. The following issues were preventing Windows from upgrading
    Realtek NIC Diagnostic Utility (this is for my Lan adapter)
    and ATI Catalyst Control Center (this is for Radeon HD 3450 256mb supporting HDMI)
    the upgrade tells me to uninstall these programs and then reinstall them after the upgrade. Are they important for operation of my computer?
    My question is where do I find these programs to reinstall? Does Win 7 provide them or tell me where to get them? I searched on the web for these programs but it seems there are several alternatives. Dells suggested drivers are different than those of the card manufacturers. Any help appreiciated. Graham

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure about the diagnostic utility, though it would seem to be a very low priority item in any case. The latest version of the ATI CCC and graphics driver package can be gotten at http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx .

Thanks
    Hi Graham and welcome to the Lounge!

You should have no difficulty in doing without the Realtek Diagnostic Utility or the ATI CCC software while installing Windows 7.

The link Byron posted will get you the latest ATI driver and CCC package available. The ATI drivers on the AMD website are drivers for ATI brand cards. If your card is an actual ATI brand card then that would be the best driver to download. If you have an XFX, BFG, Leadtek, PNY, etc.etc. card that uses an ATI gpu, I would download the driver from the specific vendor site because ATI provides reference drivers to them that they in turn tweak for their own specific line.

You can obtain the Realtek Windows 7 driver from the Realtek support site.

You can check Dell's support site for both of the Windows 7 drivers you need for your Studio model. Dell's listing for the ATI driver will undoubtedly be an earlier version than the one on the card manufacturer's website, but it should still be fine. The same goes for the Realtek Win7 driver.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for your help. Install went fine. Graham

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Baker View Post
    thanks for your help. Install went fine. Graham
    Thanks for posting back you success! We are glad things went well for you.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill