5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I downloaded the most recent version of Everything (a search engine) and got an 'Encountered a problem' message. I searched for solutions to this and their forum suggested downloading the Beta version. I did and the problem was not 'encountered' again. HOWEVER, its Help file takes you to the Internet.

I went back to the original download and made a shortcut of that chm file and pasted it into c:\Program Files\Everything. I tried it once and all seems ok (true, it's not too convenient, but better than having the Web open the Help file)

Before I play with this again, am I going to run into trouble doing this - taking a file from one version and using it in another, sorta grafting the file to the beta? If it's ok, is there a way to have that chm file replace the Help file built into the beta version, the one that takes me to the web?

Thank you very much.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think this answers your question but even so if you've not seen it already you'll probably want to read this earlier thread about 'everything'

stuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For Beta software they are usually looking for feed back and seeing what help functions people are looking at helps in the design. Also by having the help go to the web means you will get the most up to date help since it is being updated on a more timely basis. With this said I do not think the package will let you change which file opens with the help call. Yes it can be a pain going to the web every time but that is what beta software can be.