Thanks
    When I do a search for mail that is in my archive folder, Outlook 2003 is not finding it.

I am doing the search by first clicking on the Archive folder in the folder list on the left (so that Archive Folders is shown in the Search In box up near the toolbar), then typing the search term in the Look For box and then I click Find Now. It says No Items Found. (I've also tried selecting Inbox under Archive Folder in the folder list, no luck there either)

I have tried searching for terms that are present in both the subject line and the body, it cannot find either, even though the emails are there in the Archive folder.

If I click the Options box over to the right of the Find Now button and select Advanced Find, then it can successfully find the message, whether I search for a term in the subject or the body.

By the way,I use the regular search method quite often for items in the Inbox, searching for terms in both the Subject and the body, and it works for those searches. But it does not seem to work in the Archive folder.

This is my wife's computer and using the Advanced Search options for every search is something she would have difficulty with, so I'd like to get the Search working correctly if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I ... search for mail that is in my archive folder ... by first clicking on the Archive folder in the folder list on the left (so that Archive Folders is shown in the Search In box up near the toolbar), then typing the search term in the Look For box and then I click Find Now. It says No Items Found. (I've also tried selecting Inbox under Archive Folder in the folder list, no luck there either)
    The simple Find feature only works on one folder at a time. The root of any PST or Exchange folder (such as "JohnBF Personal Folder") is a folder in itself, so it doesn't usually contain anything. You need to select a specific Folder in the Archive. I have just run a test for specific words in an Inbox in an archive Folder and it worked fine.

Personally I have always used Advanced Find, as it's much more powerful; I didn't find it very hard to learn to press "Ctrl-Shift-F".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    I didn't know that simple Find is unable to look into folders within a folder. That is the problem here.

Thanks for the help.