New Lounger
    Thanks
    Since we installed Word2007 SP2 we can no longer open documents outside the application by simply double-clicking. Double-clicking a file in windows explorer will open Word - as it also does from Outlook - but the file doesn't load. However, if we open Word and then navigate to the same file from there, it will open and behave normally.

Of course, we would love to just roll back the SP2 but system says that can't be done. How can I fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bil Gladstone View Post
    Since we installed Word2007 SP2 we can no longer open documents outside the application by simply double-clicking. Double-clicking a file in windows explorer will open Word - as it also does from Outlook - but the file doesn't load. However, if we open Word and then navigate to the same file from there, it will open and behave normally.
    Does it matter whether Word is already open when you double-click?

You could try "re-registering" the files types to Word. Hopefully this will refresh the registry entries to properly pass the file name to Word. See the documentation for the /r switch in the article How to use startup command line switches to start Word 2007, Word 2003, Word 2002, and Word 2000.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Does it matter whether Word is already open when you double-click?

You could try "re-registering" the files types to Word. Hopefully this will refresh the registry entries to properly pass the file name to Word. See the documentation for the /r switch in the article How to use startup command line switches to start Word 2007, Word 2003, Word 2002, and Word 2000.
    No it makes no difference if Word is already open. I will follow the article isntructions as you suggest. Thank you.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    jscher2000: I carefully followed the re-registration with command line switch /r and thisa has not resolved the issue.

Addendum: I have installed all Windows and Office updates today and still no joy.