New Lounger
    Jacksonville, FL, USA
    I'm looking for a source of basic security training materials I can use to teach a class of mixed users, beginner-to-experienced. I'd like to make sure the users are aware of many of the ways these viruses/malware propagate. I don't want to leave out or overlook anything, hence the request for training materials.

Does anyone have a good source of up-to-date and common-sense material to use for this purpose? I'm interested in a Powerpoint slideshow, single-page cheatsheet, Word Doc, or any other easily-reproducible material that you think contains good data.

I too have seen (and repaired) many of the XP Antivirus 2010 and other rogue infestations out there, and believe a bit of training is in order.

Silicon Valley, USA
    This is a challenging question to answer.

To get some ideas about curriculum, I suggest taking a look at some of the more basic SANS courses, such as: SANS OnDemand SECURITY 351: Computer and Network Security Awareness (3 hour online course for $149).

You also might take a look at "Tech TV", Consumer Reports' Online Security Guide, and other consumer-oriented resources; they seem to be everywhere.

Security vendors routinely offer 1-hour webinars/webcasts on security threats and, of course, how their products can address them. If you need slides, you may be able to get permission to use some of their handouts -- although you might have a salesperson show up at your door. Of course, that might not be such a bad idea...