New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 professional.
    I'm trying to check the protocols that are enabled for my wifi card.
    Go to control panel, Network and Sharing then click on change adapter settings. Problem is there are no adapters listed. I'm sure this used to work - the wifi card works fine, just can't connect to other PC's in the home network. Can ping each other with no problems.

How do I get the list of adapters back?

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Look in the Device Manager (Computer | Properties | Device Manager). Does your adaptor show up under Network Adaptors? If so, you can always configure from there. (Well, you can change the adaptor properties, but cannot manage the protocols).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you open your command prompt and type: ipconfig /all

Does it list the WiFi adapter?

This Microsoft article may be of some help to you it is not directly related to Windows 7 but some cases and potential resolutions may still apply.

How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried uninstalling the driver for the wifi nic - uninstall worked but couldn't find the driver for the Linksys WMP54G on reboot. (they still don't have a Win7 driver - time to go to an N router anyway)
    Tried the services changes in 825826 - lost network connectivity - had to restore back to yesterday.

Method 5 in the referenced article does not match my registry entries and at this point I'm not messing with that, since I don't know if that applies to Win7.

No display of the ethernet NIC in the change adapter settings .

Think I'll just leave it as is.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Now that you have mentioned the adapter brand/model I've seen that there seemed to be quite a few issues with this particular card and Windows 7 support. I've seen a few resolutions but this one has a guide.

http://www.phishthis.com/2009/01/16/...-vista-64-bit/

It uses another driver but it's based around the same chipset apparently so should work without issue if this article isn't too dated. Best of luck!