Thread: Ashampoo

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've had enough of Roxio 2010. It has become an unstable, unmanageable lump of bloatware and I am looking for a replacement.

I came across Ashampoo that seems to cover all I need. Anyone got any comments on the product

David

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dd_uk View Post
    I came across Ashampoo that seems to cover all I need. Anyone got any comments on the product
    This one? Ashampoo Burning Studio 9. I think there were some threads a couple years ago, but maybe someone has used it more recently.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I like CD Burner XP. http://cdburnerxp.se/
    Chuck

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I second the motion for CDBurnerXP. I use it on both 32- and 64-bit Win7.

I also have a copy of Nero that I use. A chose Nero instead of Roxio because Nero let me download and try it before buying it. I had issues with and older version of Roxio on 64-bit Win7 and wanted to try out the software before purchasing.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi David,

Been using Ashampoo for many years, you can regulary find it on PC mag cover disks. It is initially a trial which you can unlock but need to supply an email addy to get the unlock key.

It does seem to be getting a bit overloaded with features these days, but it's not bothering me yet so have no need to change.

With suppling your email addy, you do get a high number of advert emails from them, they regularly offer deals to upgrade to the paid version down to as low as $10USD. One thing I can't understand is that the freebie is Ashampoo 2010 but the latest paid version is Ashampoo 09.

Anyway IMO it does what I want & doesn't seem to want to mine into my system as the other 2 do.

Hope this info helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 - the Free version. Used it on Vista and now on Windows 7. I've had no problems and like the interface. All I do, tho, is burn CD/DVDs, mainly for backup, but it works very well.