Lounger
    Thanks
    We have just migrated to Outlook 2007 and I am being driven mad by the shortcut folders. In our old, ancient, version when you clicked on to a shortcut, it took you to the folder and you could navigate straight to its subfolders. Now the shortcuts seem to be a blind alley, only taking you to the folder itself and not representing a speedy shortcut to its subfolders.
    Is this something I can change or do I need to learn to live with it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryweale View Post
    In our old, ancient, version when you clicked on to a shortcut, it took you to the folder and you could navigate straight to its subfolders.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are these the shortcuts at the top of the Navigation Pane when you are viewing Mail (rather than Folder List)? When I click one of those shortcuts in Outlook 2003, I don't get any faster access to the subfolders, I still have to scroll down the mailbox hierarchy to get to them. ??

== Edit ==

I just realized that section is called Favorite Folders, not Shortcuts.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I mean the shortcuts within the navigation pane 'shortcuts'. These used to lead to the actual folders in the folder list and so give instant access to the subfolders.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryweale View Post
    I mean the shortcuts within the navigation pane 'shortcuts'. These used to lead to the actual folders in the folder list and so give instant access to the subfolders.
    Oh, I don't think I ever used that feature. Outlook 2003 appears to work the same way as Outlook 2007: the contents of that one folder are displayed, but neither the Navigation Pane nor the main pane display sub-folders. If there is a setting for this, I can't find it. (But I didn't search Help or MIcrosoft.com to see whether there are any relevant articles.)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I no longer use Outlook 2003 - I've been on 2007 for 3 years, so my memory is pretty dim about it and prior versions. In 2007, there is a Favorites category at the top of the Navigation Pane where you can customize the entries if you have a specific folder you want to be able to jump directly to. I routinely operate with 4 or 5 PST and OST files, and I have certain folders where I route mail. That way I can see if I have new mail in one of the favorites folders and jump directly to it. Hope this helps...
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Any solution?

I'm searching for a solution to this. I used to have a shortcut to my 'Current Affairs' folder in the favorites list in Outlook 2000. I've created a shortcut in Outlook 2010, but it can only display mail items, not the subfolders. As there is a subfolder per case and no mail items in the 'Current Affairs' folder itself, it's quite useless to show just the mail items and not the subfolders. In Outlook 2000, clicking on the shortcut opened the folder structure on the real folder.

Of course, there is no help to find in Microsoft documentation as usual. Why is it that when they remove features when introducing new versions, they think users don't need information about how to do what they used to do before?