Thread: Win 7 network

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Every time I start my computer, Windows 7 tries to connect to both my local network and a "Unidentified network" at the same time, this causes my network to go down. So I have to open up my network devices and manually disable and the enable my network card for the "Unidentified Network" to go away and let it connect to my local network. I only use one Network card, the one built in my mobo.
    I can't seem to remove the network either. I have tried to reinstall my network card, but it still comes back
    This is getting quite annoying... anyone else who have experienced this, and might have a solution?

Edit: I use Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It sounds like a couple of things are happening. Win7 can disable a connection when a more preferred one is available. On my Dell laptop there is a Dell Utility that I can use to control that feature. The "Mobility Center" in the Control Panel might be a place to look for controlling that feature. Another problem seems to be an available wireless network that you don't want to connect to. If you right click on your wireless adapter, (All Control Panel Items\Network Connections), then click the word "Status", then "Wireless Properties", you will see several options about the wireless connection you have. You can uncheck "Connect automatically when this network is in range." The second check box "Connect to a more preferred network if available” may also help. It might be easier for you if you see the wireless network icon in your notification area you can click on it to see a list of available networks. For each one you can right click on it and chose "Properties" and then chose the "Connections" tab. This will give you access to these checkboxes for all of the available networks.