Thread: SPCLITE

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good day Lounge Members,

Found "spclite.exe" on on my C drive in buried in a folder called:

fed24109a6c3c70dc44c05be207dd5

Am running Win7

Could not find a good answer on web so could anyone identify this prgm and what should be done about it.

Thanks
    Bob

Thanks
    Did you do an upgrade from Vista SP1 to W7?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No, had to do a complete reinstall since I had Vista Home and purchased Win7Pro. Wish I had know this quirk before buying the Win7 program.

Thanks
    Bob

Thanks
    This is not present on my system,(W7 64 bit) perhaps it is part of a software instal at a time after the windows 7 installation.
    If your malware & virus scans come up clean, and your not experiencing issues as a result of this, there is probably little to worry about.

I would try to reconcile it by going over all your installed softwar and drivers for references to the exe and folder.
    Internet searches on this are vague, mostly relating to Vista service pack 1 and also to a possible malware, etiology not fully determined???
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think it is safe to say the folder/file can be deleted and backup before deleting if you're the cautious type.

Did you wipe the format the partition before installing Windows 7? as CLiNT it appears to emerge during Vista SP1/SP2 upgrades.

Thanks
    A search directly on MS site did not return any results as well. Google and Bing were very vague as Clint suggested. I also do not have this on my Win 7 machines. Image you PC, then delete it and see if it comes back or causes problems. I suspect it is unneeded by your system.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks