3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's my problem. We just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and installed Office 2007 Pro on it. I have a functioning database that has worked fine with all other computers running Windows XP Pro, with the backend on a Dell Server running SME Server 7.4. Access is running terribly slow on my new machine. I copied the backend to my laptop and re-linked the tables to the laptop and then it ran wonderfully. Right now I am downloading the latest updates for the laptop and will see if that helps me out any.

Can anyone tell me what I can do differently? I even copied the backend to a different computer running Windows XP Pro and re-linked the tables and it ran just as slowly. It absolutely will not work for the database to run that slowly.

Any answers?

>>Just an update. I installed the available updates and it definitely made a difference (a tolerable difference), but it still runs slower than the database does on the XP machines.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It sounds to me like you have an issue with Windows 7 authentication on the network. Are you running a Workgroup or a Domain? Also what version of Win7 do you have on your laptop?
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We are running a workgroup and the version is 7 Professional.