New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just added my Win 7/64 computer to my home LAN. I am able to see my wife's XP computer and my Vista laptop and share files back and forth with them. My only problem is the wireless print server for one of the printers on the network, a Linksys WPS54G. Linksys/Cisco Support tells me that the print server is not compatible and does not support Win 7, 32 or 64. If I direct cable to this printer, I can print my heart out, so the printer must be compatible with Win 7/64. I have browsed around and havenít found a compatible wireless print server. Iím sure I must have missed somethingÖany suggestions??

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Skip the outdated server and connect the printer directly to the new computer and share it on your network. The computer must be on so the other computers can use. If it's a wireless printer, connect it to your wireless router to share it. Or consider buying a new wireless printer so you won't have to leave the computer on..

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Mary...Thanks for your reply. The printer is USB (not wireless), an oldie but goodie. As you suggested, I am currently using it connected to my computer and sharing it with others on the LAN. It would be nicer, though, if it were directly on the LAN, preferably someplace else.
    Jack

Thanks
    I went with a wireless printer connected to my Lan. All my PCs can see and print to it. I found that printer and scanner manufacturers seem to be one of the first to not write drivers for new OS. They want to sell you another printer, go figure. it can be frustrating when a printer you have been using just will not work with your sleek new OS.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy