New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello everyone

You may think this a weird ask, but I would like to do a sort of mail merge.

I have about 180 records in a spreadsheet and I would like to merge it into notepad or something to create 180 html pages each identical except for the merge data. I guess this can be done with VBA. I have some experience of VBA, and usually get inspiration (yeh-huh) for code by googling, but I haven't yet found the right search criteria for what I would like to do. I am quite open to the possibility that I am trying to do this the hard way.

If anyone could help me out, I would be most grateful.

Emily

P.S. I am using Office 2007.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyo View Post
    I would like to do a sort of mail merge.

I have about 180 records in a spreadsheet and I would like to merge it into notepad or something to create 180 html pages each identical except for the merge data. I guess this can be done with VBA.
    P.S. I am using Office 2007.
    How about using MS Word's mail merge feature? Apply the Plain Text style to the body of the Word document and use Paste Special to paste in your HTML template. Then populate the merge fields, save your main document, and give it a test. Eventually, you will end up with all your HTML pages in Word. Now here's the trick: how to save out the individual pages as plain text rather than as Word documents. There are macros out there that save the pages as Word documents, and hopefully you would just need to change the format and file extension in the code. Worth a try.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have done something similar in the past using data from an excel spreadsheet. I used XML and XSL to produce the desired outcomes. If your dealing with strictly data, and there is no charting or graphs in your excel, then the XML solution is worth exploring. In my case, I have a Web site on an Intranet that is total driven by EXCel spreadsheets that are XML files that are updated with excel and formated for publishing on the Intranet using XSL.
    XSL form