Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The sound recorder puts out a wav file. I'd like to put this on a CD so I can listen to it on a CD player, but my player won't play a wav file (I don't know if any do). How can I convert this to an mp3, or something else that I can use on a regular CD player?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter Viktor View Post
    The sound recorder puts out a wav file. I'd like to put this on a CD so I can listen to it on a CD player, but my player won't play a wav file (I don't know if any do). How can I convert this to an mp3, or something else that I can use on a regular CD player?
    CD players usually use a WMA format for files. The easiest way create a CD to play in a standard CD player is to use Nero or even Windows media player to burn the file to a cd. In Media player there is an option called Copy to CD or Device and in Nero there is an option to create a music CD. Hope this helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, but I'm totally lost with WMP. I can't even figure out how to open a media file from a USB drive. I just don't have time to spend hours to try to figure things out.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Gunter,I would copy or move the file to the desktop or My Documents-My Music off the usb drive
    plug in the usb
    prompt screen should open or open My Computer>
    (scroll down to "removeable disc')
    right click on the file to be moved select 'send to' a second option window will open
    >Desktop
    or>My Documents>My Music

after that open W Media Player
    at Library tab select drop menu
    "add to library' then make sure where you put the music is there on the list,or reach into the usb drive to grab the original

(If you put it on desktop,as i do,the extra step is so i can security scan the file without opening it prior to telling W Media Player to import it,just right click and a scan option will appear if available
    then it can be moved to My Music knowing it's safe)

once in W Media Player
    you can burn it to cd

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter Viktor View Post
    Viktor, app "LamedropXPd" will solve your problem very easy. Google for it.
    Regards

Thanks
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Lounger
    Thanks
    All CD players support 'CDA' (Compact Disk Audio). Some CD players support MP3 (Moving Pictures Expert Group - 1, Audio Layer 3) and some support MP3 and WMA (Windows Media Audio). Computer CD players will support these 3 (plus many others if you have the correct codecs). If you want the CD to play on ANY CD player, get a WAV to CDA converter/burner. If you have a CD player that supports MP3 and/or WMA, you can fit about 8-15 times the amount of songs on the disk (depending on the bit compression ratio - 128, 160,192, 320, etc.). MP3 -192, or WMA - 128 are generally considered CD quality. Just Google the conversion you want.

Here's a couple of suggestions:
    Freeware: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/mp3cddoctor.html
    Version 10 is free: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/dBpowerAMP

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    And MediaMonkey (free version).

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Format Factory will convert anything to anything, for free. Works great.