Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi:

I am a user of Windows 7 and a GPS File editor. I just recently I have had a problem when creating "New Folders" which seem to happen on some system file folders.
    When using this program I never had a problem until I installed Win7. Every folder I create has a lock on it and seems to be "Read Only". I can get around it by changing the
    attributes each time I create a folder but this is very annoying and I wonder if there is a simple way to create normal new folders. Don't seem to have the problem with regular library folders. Thanks for any help on this.
    Gus P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusporter View Post
    Hi:

I am a user of Windows 7 and a GPS File editor. I just recently I have had a problem when creating "New Folders" which seem to happen on some system file folders.
    When using this program I never had a problem until I installed Win7. Every folder I create has a lock on it and seems to be "Read Only". I can get around it by changing the
    attributes each time I create a folder but this is very annoying and I wonder if there is a simple way to create normal new folders. Don't seem to have the problem with regular library folders. Thanks for any help on this.
    You could take ownership of the entire drive, or add yourself to the group that owns the folders

Ken J
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To follow up on Ken's post, here is a link to add "take ownership" to your right click menu. Bear in mind that after you take ownership you may still have to alter the permissions to allow you "full control". this seems to alleviate most permission denied etc errors for the experienced user.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-shortcut.html

kevin
    --------------------------------------
    ASUS P5Q PRO, Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad CPU, 4GB Corsair RAM, Dual Nvidia 8800GTS Video, Windows 7 64bit

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Kevin and Ken:

Took the advice that both of you put forth. Finally got rid of the locked file syndrome. Seems to have been caused by creating a file and copying it over to another directory dealing with the same subject. Closest I can come to a reason. Anyhow, all is now right with the world. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.
    Gus P