New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a financial program that will not run reliably under Win7.

When I tried it under Win 7 XP Mode the installation process would start but then it would try to find the data base which it could not. Normally at this point you browse to the correct folder and it proceeds but I don't have access to that logical drive. Also, the data base is updated daily.

This is not a problem when running XP.

Any pointers for doing this would be GREATLY appreciated.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I take it that the data base is not on, or attached by USB to the same computer? If so, you may need to map a network drive (place) via Tools>Map Network Drive...and it should then be visible to the program.

If it is on the same system check XP Mode under Tools>Settings>Integration Features and see if the drive that the data base is on is checked for accessibility. Also just under Tools check to make sure Integration features are enabled and if you aren't seeing any network places, check the networking adapter in settings and select the real adapter if it isn't already chosen.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Bryon, Thank you very much for the ideas. It's an internal drive that has the primary partition and several logical partitions.

I'll take a look at the things you mentioned.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    >If it is on the same system check XP Mode under Tools>Settings>Integration Features and see if the drive that the data base is on is checked for accessibility.

Yes the drive is on the same system and Yes it is listed and checked.

Also, I can see the drive and contents when using win explorer in XP mode.

>Also just under Tools check to make sure Integration features are enabled

Yes it is enabled.

Any other ideas are appreciated!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So in other words, if I'm understanding the situation correctly, its only the program that can't see the target drive from it's own browse window?

If that's correct, then the only thing I can think of that might work (without moving the darn data base over to XP Mode) is to try mapping the network location into XP Mode. From any explorer window under Tools choose Map Network Drive... and browse to the drive or DB folder (share it and set the security ahead of time if it isn't already) and set it as a network drive.

Then go back to the program and see if it can see and access the drive under My Computer.

If that doesn't work then barring anyone else riding in to save the day, if the program won't go to the data base, gotta take the data base to the program. A logical drive shouldn't look any different than a primary drive but I don't know that for sure.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Bryon,

WOW it worked. I'm sure I tried that before in a fit of desperation with no luck but this time bingo it worked. I must have made a mistake when I did it before.

Thank you very much for getting me over this hump. I really appreciate it!!!!

One more really basic question - Is it possible to put a shortcut on my Win 7 desktop that starts up this app in XP Mode?

Holland