New Lounger
    Thanks
    I need to lock (protect) one row in Excel. I tried "Lock only specific cells and ranges in a protected worksheet". Can't seem to make it work. HELP ME, PLEASE! Thank you.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vangae View Post
    I need to lock (protect) one row in Excel. I tried "Lock only specific cells and ranges in a protected worksheet". Can't seem to make it work. HELP ME, PLEASE! Thank you.
    Select the whole worksheet
    Ctrl +1 to bring up the Format dialog
    Untick the Locked tickbox on the Protection tab
    Close the Format Dialog
    Select the row you want to protect.
    Ctrl +1 again
    Tick the Locked tickbox
    Close the Format Dialog
    Tools Protection Protect Sheet...

Does that work?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I tried what you want me to do; however, when I get to the Protect Sheet window, that's where I get lost. I have no idea what to check/uncheck. If I leave it as it is, all the cells are not protected. I have attached the window I am referring to. If you can help further, thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I tried what you want me to do; however, when I get to the Protect Sheet window, that's where I get lost. I have no idea what to check/uncheck. If I leave it as it is, all the cells are not protected. I have attached the window I am referring to. If you can help further, thank you.

Morning

Does the attached shed any light for you?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As it is, with the two items ticked ('select locked cells' and 'select unlocked cells') you will be able to click on a cell but the locked row should be protected against changes.

If you untick the 'select locked cells' you won't be able to click on a cell to select it either.