2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't see many people talking about this. These articles involve current implications, potential tool incompatibilities and issues cloning drives, but will likely all be wrapped up by the time the drives hit the market.

A good article about 4k drives and their coming necessity.
    And another thread illustrating both the potential pitfalls and benefits of the new drives.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Keely Dolan View Post
    I don't see many people talking about this. These articles involve current implications, potential tool incompatibilities and issues cloning drives, but will likely all be wrapped up by the time the drives hit the market.

A good article about 4k drives and their coming necessity.
    And another thread illustrating both the potential pitfalls and benefits of the new drives.
    The second article shows a very good reason for migrating from XP for these new hdd. Thanks for the info Keely.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I don't see the 4K drives as being a problem for the average user, unless you have a deep and profound fear of clean intalling your os.
    This should prove to be a benafit in the future as storage space grows ever larger, and larger.

Hardware reliability is better than backward software compatibility...
    Backward compatibility can only get you so far, eventually all the old stuff will just have to die off.
    With the 4K drives it should be relatively painless and a non issue in most instances.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I just discovered that my 1 1/2 to 2 year old Lenovo X61 laptop is using 4K sectors, according to PortablePartitionMagic app.
    I don't recall doing this, although I have partitioned the drive since purchasing the laptop.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.