New Lounger
    Thanks
    My XP PRO system is running on a 1.5 mbps download and 896 kbps upload dsl line.
    The best I seem to get on download running dslreports is around 300 kbps and 500 kbps upload. I ran tweak it and adjusted per suggestion but to no avail. Test show good line quality Zero dropouts. I put a 2nd network card in no change.(Amd dual 2.4 mhz system)
    I have a older slower system running Win7 on the same router dslreports show 1.2 to 1.3 mbps download and 700-800 kbps upload. (Intel Cel 2.93 mhz system)
    This last week I rebuilt another even slower system with XP Pro and it gets the same speeds as my Win 7 system. (Amd 1.6 mhz system)
    What am I missing or where can I make tweaks that will get this newer faster system to speed up on the network.

Thanks,
    Carl
    PDX Carl

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I figured out my problem. I was afraid I would need to reload the OS. In searching for my problem I ran across speedguide.net and let it set my internet parameters and now I'm getting 1.1 mbps or so on the speedtest.net and dslreports.com that's al least twice what I was getting.
    I used dslreports and tweak test to set parameters also Tuneup Untilities 2010 but neither was able to get the speed I'm getting now. In fact Tuneup Utility 2010 is currently saying I don't have my internet parameters set to there optimum. I have used dslreports and tuneup utilities for years with good success this is the first time they let me down.
    I hope this will help others that have similias issues.

Carl
    PDX Carl

Thanks
    Carl, welcome to the Lounge!

And thanks for posting your solution. I'm sure it will help someone else.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill