New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've just noticed that when I do a Windows Search, all my results open correctly when double-clicking on them apart from results that are MSG files from OutLook.

These show, and appear in the Preview panel, but don't open.

I can drag them to the desktop and open the from there, so the msg format is correctly set. They just won't open on double-click.

Anyone else come across this or can advise as to what setting has become corrupt?

Tim

Thanks
    I'm not familiar with Windows 7 Search (or Vista), but can you clarify: are these MSG "files" actually saved to the file system or are they still inside a mail file (e.g., .PST or .OST file)?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    They're still inside the PST. If I drag them out of the search window onto the desktop they create MSG files and I can double-click these. But the search window - they just sit there as if it doesn't know what to do with them.
    Tim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To answer my own problem, it was due to a mixed Office setup. I had Office 2007 for OutLook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but had OneNote 2010 and Visio 2010 beta testing. On a hunch I removed these and put back the 2007 equivalents and the Search started working properly. There must be something mixed up in the Shared Libraries.