Lounger
    Thanks
    Been searching for an app that will read every app installed in Windows XP so I can print a list. I'm getting ready to build a new PC and want to print a comprehensive list of all apps installed on my current machine. Yes I could "print screen" everything in Add/Remove but I don't want to do that. Realize that some apps don't add themselves to Add/Remove when you install them.

Currently using this VBS that seems OK but wondering if anyone has found anything better - http://billsway.com/vbspage/?r=my&r=...BScript&r=Page

Thanks
    Hi Tim and welcome to the Lounge!

You can use CCleaner : download here . In CCleaner choose Tools | Uninstall and click the Save to text file button on the bottom right.

You can also use SIW (System Information for Windows) , which is a great utility program to find all manner of info about your computer, or Installed Program Printer to list and print all installed programs in XP.

Note that if you have any software in XP that does not actually install (does not place an entry in the registry and therefore does not go into Add/Remove), then you would need to track those yourself. Most people do not have many of those to deal with. SIW and Sysinternals Process Explorer are two such programs.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gerald. I'll check those out.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You can also check out MyUninstaller http://www.nirsoft.net/. You can select all items and then do a save. From there I would imagine. It is in the Desktop Utilites section. LOTS of other good stuff there as well.
    you can either print or import the save file with ALL of your installed items as well as the paths to the programs.
    LOTS of good info and I have used it many times, oh yeah and it's free.

Joe Sica

Thanks
    SIW will permit a Report to be printed out, and this should satisfy your needs. You could also print out info about drivers and hardware versions, if needed.

Actually, SIW itself is not an installed program, and I have a few freeware utilities and an icon editor which are not installed programs. F-Secure Blacklight Rootkit Scanner is also not an installed program. But SIW does report the presence of these programs -- just not in the same place as the installed programs.
    -- Bob Primak --