New Lounger
    Thanks
    I rebuilt with Windows 7 and left My Photos and My iTunes on a secondary Hard Drive. Got everything working, BUT dragged and dropped the My Photos and My iTunes to the Primary to include in a continuously updated Backup to my external My Book. Now when I click on iTunes Short Cut I get the message...."the folder iTunes is on a locked disk or you don't have write permissions for this folder."
    I've tried to search out each iTunes folder and added myself for all permissions, plugged in and turned on all externals, But still get the same message! Any thoughts on a work around? Do I need to delete everything and redrag from the secondary hard drive? Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David F. Credo View Post
    I rebuilt with Windows 7 and left My Photos and My iTunes on a secondary Hard Drive. Got everything working, BUT dragged and dropped the My Photos and My iTunes to the Primary to include in a continuously updated Backup to my external My Book. Now when I click on iTunes Short Cut I get the message...."the folder iTunes is on a locked disk or you don't have write permissions for this folder."
    I've tried to search out each iTunes folder and added myself for all permissions, plugged in and turned on all externals, But still get the same message! Any thoughts on a work around? Do I need to delete everything and redrag from the secondary hard drive? Thanks for your consideration.
    Hi David and welcome

There are a couple of things that could be causing this. First take ownership of the entire folder. Second find the owner of the entire folder and add yourself to that group. Third since the is a continuous backup running the folder may be locked because it is busy. If you boot into safe mode the backup shouldnt be running and you should be able to change the ownership, etc

Good Luck

Ken J
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Ken. I'll give it a try tonight. What are your thoughts on putting the folders in "Public" vs permissions?