New Lounger
    Thanks
    We're in the midst of a desktop rebuild project and will shortly migrate 1500+ machines from XPSP2/Office2003/IE6 to XPSP3/Office2007/IE8. We want to integrate the new environment within the existing O.U./GPO structure within A.D. to allow users to 'roam' between both the old and new environments. For starters, we can add the IE8 & Office 2007 ADM files to the existing GPOs with Office 2003 ADM files, however...

1. Do you recommend this approach? Is there a Microsoft Best Practice guide for this scenario?
    2. I have read User Data and Settings Management which advises to "Make sure that you have the same application versions installed." Do we need to be concerned about any potential application conflicts due to the different versions of applications, such as Office 2003 and Office 2007?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Scott

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's not entiely clear to me what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to setup the network so that users can move from one PC to another and always get the same version of XP/Office/IE - or are you trying to provide an environment where they can choose which configuration they get. My take would be to give everyone XPSP3 and IE8, and then specify which version of Office the user gets. The migration from Office 2003 to 2007 is painful for most users unless they get some training and assistance on the User Interface changes.
    Wendell