Star Lounger
    Thanks

Entering Multiple Keywords (Word 97)

When entering Keywords in the Document Properties, what is the proper way to separate multiple keywords? With commas? Do you need to use Quotes? or none of the above?

Thanks!

-Kelley

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Entering Multiple Keywords (Word 97)

As far as I know, there is not an official rule of thumb to using keywords. I will warn you that you will need to be careful of metadata when using any of the document properties. If you are not familiar with metadata, I encourage you to look up the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Number Q237361. This article is very good at explaining what types of Metadata are stored in Word documents and the security risks involved with them.
    With that disclaimer out of the way here is what I know about the keywords:
    If you use the AutoSummarize feature of Word, it generates a list of keywords and places them in the document properties. When Word does this, it inserts the words with a single space separating them - no punctuation at all.
    Hope this helps!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't want to use the Auto Summarize feature and have the keywords filled into the document properties that way, I want to use File > Properties, and click in the keywords field and type them in manually. If I did it that way, do you think the words would still be separated by spaces if done that way?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oh, sorry - I wasn't very clear. I didn't mean that you needed to use AutoSummarize, I was just using that as a guide on the "official" Word from Microsoft. From a grammatical standpoint using a comma to separate each keyword would be the most appropriate way to do things. I think either a space or a comma or even a semi-colon would be fine.