2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an inherited template - when it goes on to the second page it tries to carry forward header rows (which are not wanted) although there are no header rows ticked. It doesn't end up printing them, but it is driving me nuts trying to figure out why? Sometimes it only shows up when you use the arrow keys to scroll down through the document. It's very bizarre and is driving me nuts to understand why (I've already made a new template from scratch).

Any thoughts?[attachment=88419:table corrupted CV.doc]

Susan

Attached Files Attached Files

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I did not see your phantom header row, but I couldn't advance the page by pressing the page down button. The table is wrapped and the document contains small frame containing nothing but a red pilcrow (¶). Set the wrap to none an delete the frame.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I saw that and had taken them out on some of the CVs but the phantom headers didn't go away. The table being wrapped is also one I can't really change as some people's CVs take the cell over 1 page and I didn't have time then to reformat each line into it's own row.

But thanks for your suggestions!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bizarrely, this is fine when opening Word 2010! However, the symptoms suggest a partially corrupt template. Try opening the template using the Open and Repair option to see if it eliminates the ghost.

Terry

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dandssom View Post
    I saw that and had taken them out on some of the CVs but the phantom headers didn't go away. The table being wrapped is also one I can't really change as some people's CVs take the cell over 1 page and I didn't have time then to reformat each line into it's own row.

But thanks for your suggestions!
    I was using W2007 too. I've just taken a look at the file in W2003 and do see the phantom headers. It was peculiar. I'd scroll down past the end of the table and there would be no repeat header, but as soon I start to scroll back up, it appears. But when I scroll back down again they are gone. Using the slider did not produce the result. Bottom line, though, is that changing the wrap to none and deleting the tiny frame (which otherwise breaks the table into two) cleared up the problem for me.

Wrapped tables have historically given users problems. In some versions of Word they don't break at all and fall off the edge of the page. In W2003, the more usual problem is that they break but won't repeat header rows even when repeat header row is set. Your problem is the opposite of that and new to me.

As an aside, your table doesn't need to be wrapped. There's no text to wrap around it, and if there were, it wouldn't fit as the table extends from margin to margin.

HTH,
    Pam
    Pam Caswell